Terms and Conditions
1. Purpose of the prize promotion
Lidl Stiftung & Co. KG, Stiftsbergstraße 1, 74167 Neckarsulm, Germany (hereinafter referred to as “Lidl”) is holding the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” which is only available to the registered Lidl Plus users in the Lidl Plus mobile application (“App”).
All natural persons who meet the following criteria may participate:
- Registration as user in Lidl Plus – download of the App is possible via “App Store” or “Google Play Store” or “Huawei App Gallery”.
- Minimum age 18.
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions in accordance with clause 3 (acceptance by playing the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” card).
To take part, you have to identify yourself as a Lidl Plus user at the checkout during the payment procedure at the store by presenting the digital Lidl Plus customer card.
You will be automatically notified about the receipt of the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” card via the App. At least 2 hours must have elapsed since the last purchase in order to qualify for receipt of another “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” card.
If you do not wish to play immediately your “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” card will be stored for you in the App until it expires. The expiry date will be displayed on the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” card.
After opening the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” card a digital scratch panel will appear together with the notice that by scratching off the field, the participant is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions a link to which is provided below for reference.
The participant will immediately be made aware about the value of the prize.
Completely different types of prizes are included in the service at completely automatic way. During several periods of time, these prizes reach from percentage discounts on products (10%, 20% etc.), not to exceed a discount of 3 euros.
The coupon will be displayed in the coupon section of the App. All the coupons are subject to the following criteria for redemption:
- The coupon is redeemable only at the next purchase (not immediately upon winning the coupon).
- The coupon must be activated and redeemed before its expiry date.
- The coupon is not transferable to third parties and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If the coupon relates to third-party services, the relevant terms and conditions of the respective service provider apply in addition.
- In case of rewards through cash vouchers, they cannot be activated for products that, by law, cannot be sold at a preferential price or for free (such as, for example, tobacco products and baby food).
- If the value of the coupon (maximum prize) is greater than the value of the purchase made the difference shall lapse (residual value). Therefore, it is recommended that the value of the purchase made should be at least equal to the value of the coupon.
- Physical coupons are not issued and cannot be printed out.
5. Winner notification
Immediately after scratching the card "ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ", each participant will be informed about the reward he/she has won through the Lidl Plus application.
Each participant in the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” understands and accepts that Lidl is not and cannot be held liable for any errors, losses or irregularities that may occur when sending the information if these are caused by a failure in transmission or by any other error or omission resulting from problems in telecommunications, data traffic, overload or Internet connection or arise for any other reason that cannot be attributed to Lidl.
Lidl is liable for damages – regardless of the legal basis – in the event that it acts willfully and knowingly or grossly negligently (fault-based liability). In cases of slight negligence, Lidl is liable subject to a lower liability standard in accordance with statutory provisions (e.g. for due care and diligence in its own affairs) only a) for damage caused by injury to life, limb or health, b) for damage caused by the breach of a material contractual obligation (obligations that are essential to the due and proper execution of the contract and on the performance of which the other party to the contract regularly relies and is entitled to rely); in the latter case, liability is limited to compensation for foreseeable damage that typically occurs. The aforementioned limitations of liability shall also apply to breaches of duty by or for the benefit of individuals whose fault is attributable to Lidl in accordance with statutory provisions. They shall not apply in the event that a defect has been fraudulently concealed or in the event that a warranty has been provided regarding the quality of the goods as well as for claims under the Product Liability Act.
Lidl reserves the right to exclude those participants in breach of terms and conditions without prior notification and prevent them from taking part. All participants who use forbidden means to take part (e.g., hacking tools, viruses, trojans, etc.) will be excluded. Player groups, automated services and professional services are not permitted to participate in the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ”.
8. Premature termination
Lidl reserves the right to terminate the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” without prior notification for reasons outside of the company's control. Lidl may be obliged to take this decision:
- for technical reasons (e.g., viruses in the system, manipulation, hardware or software failures, etc.) or
- if, for legal reasons, it was not possible to operate the “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ” in accordance with the set terms and conditions.
If the termination is caused by the unlawful and culpable conduct of a participant, Lidl has the right to claim compensation from that participant for any damage suffered.
9. Final Provisions
The European Commission provides an Online Dispute Resolution Portal under http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. However, we are not obliged and not willing to participate in the dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.
Lidl Stiftung & Co. KG, 16.11.2022