1. Purpose of the Service “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ”
Lidl Cyprus, Industrial Area, 2 Pigasou Street, CY 7100, Aradippou, Larnaca (hereinafter referred to as “LIDL”), is holding a prize promotion under the name of “ΞΥΝΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΖΕΙΣ”, which is only available to registered Lidl Plus members (see www.lidlplus.com.cy).
All natural persons who meet the following criteria may participate:
- Registration as Lidl Plus customer Lidl Plus app download possible via “App Store” or “Google Store”.
- Resident in Cyprus.
- Minimum age 18.
To take part, you have to identify yourself as a Lidl Plus customer at the checkout during the payment procedure by presenting the digital Lidl Plus customer card.
After every purchase (at least 2 hours must have elapsed since the last purchase in order to qualify for receipt of another scratch card), you will be automatically notified about the receipt of a digital “scratch card” via the Lidl Plus app.
These digital cards have a certain period of validity (the term is displayed individually) and will be stored in the Lidl Plus app.
The Lidl Plus customer (participant) will know straight away what exactly they have won. More precisely, the coupon will be displayed in the “Coupons” section a short time later and (provided it is still valid) can then be redeemed during the next purchase.
If you fail to completely scratch the panel free, this does not invalidate the card (provided it is still valid) and will be re-entered in the corresponding section of the app.
Upon expiry of a card, it will automatically cease to be displayed; it is then no longer possible to participate in the service using this card.
Completely different types of prizes are included in the service at completely automatic way. During several periods of time, these prizes reach from percentage discounts on products (10%, 20% etc.), not to exceed a discount of 10 euros.
These discounts will be displayed to winners as a coupon in their Lidl Plus app and are subject to the following criteria for redemption:
- The coupon is redeemable only at the next store visit (not immediately upon winning the coupon).
- The coupon must be activated and redeemed during the stated period of validity (as stated on the coupon).
- The coupon is not transferable to third parties and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If the value of the coupon (maximum prize) is greater than the value of the purchase made, the difference shall lapse (residual value). This means that the value of the purchase made should be greater than the value of the coupon.
- If the coupon relates to third-party services, the relevant terms of the respective service provider apply in addition.
Physical coupons are not issued and cannot be printed out.
5. Prize notification
Immediately after the panel has been scratched off, the participant will be notified via the Lidl Plus app about the prize they have won.
Each participant in the competition understands and accepts that LIDL is not and cannot be held liable for any errors, losses or irregularities that may occur when sending the information if these are caused by a failure in transmission or by any other error or omission resulting from problems in telecommunications, data traffic, overload or Internet connection or arise for any other reason that cannot be attributed to LIDL.
No Terms shall be construed as disclaiming or limiting LIDL's liability for death or personal injury resulting directly from the negligence or intentional acts of LIDL or any other loss which may not be excluded or limited in accordance with applicable law. The contractual liability of LIDL is limited to compensation determined and calculated pursuant to the rules of applicable law. Under no circumstances can LIDL be held accountable for any kind of financial loss. LIDL is also not liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense or other claim for damages arising as a direct or indirect result of breach or non-performance of these Terms due to force majeure.
LIDL reserves the right to exclude those in breach of terms or conditions without prior notification and prevent them from taking part. All users who use forbidden means to take part (e.g. hacking tools, viruses, trojans, etc.) will be excluded. Player groups, automated services and professional services are not permitted to participate in the service.
8. Premature termination
LIDL reserves the right to terminate the service without prior notification for reasons outside of the company's control. LIDL may be obliged to take this decision:
- for technical reasons (e.g., viruses in the system, manipulation, hardware or software failures, etc.) or
- if, for legal reasons, it was not possible to operate the prize promotion in accordance with the set terms and requirements.
If the termination is caused by the unlawful and culpable conduct of a participant, LIDL has the right to claim compensation from that participant for any damage suffered.
Lidl Cyprus, January 13, 2021