No support for your browser
Fresh fruit and fresh vegetables
The best varieties of fruit & vegetables await you every day at LIDL. Grown beneath the nurturing sun in the most fertile soil of this land. To keep them fresh, tasty and full of vitamins, we follow a strict set of practices: we work with local producers, so we know where they’re from; we choose what’s in season, so they’re tastier; we have them delivered on a daily basis, so we can be sure they’re fresh; and we carefully check them one by one before putting them on display, so you’re selecting from the best. And if you get them prepacked, they’ll be wrapped in cling film so that it’s easier for you to check their quality.
- The condition of fruit and vegetables tells us a lot about their quality and is an indicator of flavour.
- Fruit and vegetables should be firm and crisp to the touch - unless they are juicy, in which case they should be slightly soft.
- In most cases, you can tell when something’s ripe from the uniformly bright colour of the skin. In other cases, such as melons and peaches, you can tell from the sweet smell.
- Lemons with thin peel have more juice.
- Onions should be hard all over.
- Peppers should be firm and smooth, without marks.
- Carrots that are bright orange have more carotene. The harder they are, the fresher they are.
- Good broccoli is dark green, has a firm stalk and tight florets.
You know how good fruit and vegetables are for you
Find out how to choose the best!